The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Optical Microscopy Core
The Optical Microscopy core is part of the Martinos Technology Core. This page provides new and current users with information regarding our Two Photon Microscope (Bruker Ultima) Core Instrument. For our other equipment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To check and/or book the microscope, go to the schedule.
Pricing for the TPM per hour:
For new users, 3 1h- training sessions with staff member are mandatory.
- Internal Academic Rate, unassisted: $80
- Internal Academic Rate, with staff member : $120
- External Academic Rate: $115.20 (unassisted) / $172.80 (with staff member)
- Industry Rate: Upon request
For the new users:
- Create a “scanonly” account by completing this online form
- If working with live vertebrate animals, make sure that your IACUC protocol includes a procedure for In Vivo Microscopy (or Intravital Microscopy) and the room number (CNY149 6.320)
- Take the healthstream Laser safety training and send your certificate to email@example.com
- Schedule 3 1h-training sessions with the core staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org